What was CampSoft.org?
CampSoft was a free web-based camp management system. No software was needed to be installed on camp computers. The camp staff just needed a computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone with an internet connection. Unfortunately, the camps that had been piloting the system opted to use other systems, and CampSoft is currently decommissioned. The code is still available and could be activated again, or someone else could pick up the project and run with it.
- Camp management and scheduling
- Donor management and online donations (credit card, ACH, paypal and checks)
- Online payment for camp fees
- Lodging management
- WiFi and network support for your camp
FREE? What’s the catch?
There is no catch. I developed CampSoft.org while serving on the board of directors at Camp Luther, and continue to maintain and update it as requested by all camps that use the system. I feel it is my calling to bring this product to camps, particularly Christian summer camps with tight budgets and limited resources, though the system will work perfectly with any camp.
About the Developer
My name is Dave Stahr, and I live in rural Nebraska. I have owned and operated Virtual Impressions since 1997. I am married to my lovely wife, Heather, and we have two boys, Cole and Ian. I enjoy spending time with my family, learning about new technology, playing volleyball, and golfing. I spend my time during business hours supporting a small core group of customers, handling their programming, networking and other IT needs. If you would, feel free to check out my other products:
- ChurchSoft.org (free church management software)
- Contact My Group (simple web application to manage groups of people and communicate with them)
- MyWWWs (online bookmark, username, and password storage)
- SmartRouter (great cloud-managed router for home and business use)
- Audition.ZONE (Online audition and adjudication system